Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
New Member, Old Krag (Read 2094 times)
wsmrto
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

New Member, Old Krag
Nov 28th, 2011 at 5:58am
Print Post  
As a new KCA member just want to say I have been milsurp Collecting for near 20 years but am just now looking into Krag's. I got a 99 carbine at Tulsa a few weeks ago and have just finished complete disassemble and cleaning every part. the rifle was covered in light surface rust and the bore is a frosted water pipe but there is rifling and the brown rust is just about all gone. The only mark on the barrel shank is a "P" and the #'s are matching 355066. R.sight is 1901 and is all there and in nice now clean condition. The only problem with the action is the ejector pin  is sheered off so I couldn't pull it out, but I expect the ejector will work OK.  The only item missing is the UP handguard, The stock is worn but no cracks or gouges and I expect has been sanded several time in the past. The "P" is very just faintly visible and the stock cartuche is long gone. There is a small "c b" in the mag flat of the stock and no other marks I noticed in the barrel channel or under the buttplate. I do think it is a mostly original, rode hard put away hot and uncleaned 1899 Carbine. Hopefully I can clean it to be functional without further damaging it provenance.    

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: New Member, Old Krag
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 2:41am
Print Post  
Love to see some pictures sometime...

IP Logged

Century2
KCA Forum Member

Krag Collector!

Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 2:45am
Print Post  
Welcome. What is your goal? Display, shooter or both?

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user. Theodore Roosevelt

IP Logged

wsmrto
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 4:17am
Print Post  
clean up and fire it if possible, add to the collection on a rack near the M-1 and 03.  Maybe use for trade up to a better condition one as I got it on the downside of $300.

IP Logged

fred
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #4 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Well, if it's a real carbine in the condition you state, you stole it for $300.  Even a cut-down rifle in good shape is worth that.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo