Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Krag Rear Sight and Hand Guard (Read 2245 times)
JoeA
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Krag Rear Sight and Hand Guard
May 17th, 2012 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
I have a Krag model 1896 rifle I have had for years.  I have a question the rear sight looks like what I believe to be a 1892 sight but the hand guard has about a 1/2 linch space in the between the end of the sight and the handguard.  I dont know much about these rifles so I would appreciate any help on this.

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Krag Rear Sight and Hand Guard
Reply #1 - May 17th, 2012 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
JoeA:  Right Click on the "Visit the KCA Website today" when the banner appears at the top of the forum page.  This will take you to the Main Page.  If you then select 'photos' and scroll down the photo page, you will see photos of different model Krag sights and handguards.  This will probably allow you to identify what you have.  I'm thinking you might have an 1898/1902 style handguard.

IP Logged

JoeA
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #2 - May 17th, 2012 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
The sight base seems to be a type 1, I believe some one may have modified the handguard because it really doesnt look ike any fron the pictures.  Where can I get an 1896 handguard?

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #3 - May 18th, 2012 at 12:46am
Print Post  
JoeA:  Go to the Home page and select classifieds.  The are two sources of parts listed:  Dan Lowery, (oldewoodsman@bellsouth.net) and Dave Clark (phone # in add).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo