My RPLTs (Read 3403 times)
Tom Butts
KCA Forum Admin
KCA Official Member

Krag enthusiast!

My RPLTs
Apr 20th, 2015 at 1:14am
Print Post  
Here are some photos of my two model RPLT 42 rifles.  One is full military that I got at auction about 7 or 8 years ago.  The other is a sporterized specimen that I happily picked up at the Baltimore show last month.

They were made for the Danish railroad police and coast patrols during World War II.  There were only 1200 ever produced and very few left in existence.  Some say that there are fewer than 100 left in the world!!

They were made by Schultz and Larsen and amazing workmanship.  They are chambered in 8x58r.  That is what got me interested in them in the first place to go along with my Danish Krags.

Best,
Tom

IP Logged

reincarnated
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: My RPLTs
Reply #1 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
I have seen a couple of vague references to RPLT rifles, but these are the first photos I have ever seen.  I would like to learn more & see some close up photos of the action, bolt & magazine.  Thanks for posting.

When & how were they imported?

Richard

IP Logged

Tom Butts
KCA Forum Admin
KCA Official Member

Krag enthusiast!

Re: My RPLTs
Reply #2 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 12:20am
Print Post  
I will try to get some good closeup photos when I get a chance.  The full military one was from an auction of a large old collection, so it has no import marks on it.  The sporter one that I just got was from an importer that usually deals in Swedish firearms and this one came in a group dea just a few months ago.  It has very discreet marking under the barrel.   I am on their wish list if they ever run into another one. 

They are very cool and rare rifles.   Smiley

Best,
Tom

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint