Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Charger on EBay (Read 4597 times)
psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Charger on EBay
Dec 9th, 2015 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Bob (Madsenshooter) sent me a link to a Krag Charger being sold on EBay... and it's one that I made and sold!  I wonder who is selling it, and why.  His EBay name is not one that I sold to on EBay, and I don't remember selling to anyone with his name on one of the forums either, so I wonder where he got it, and if he was unhappy with it for some reason? 

Hmmmmmmmmmmm   Many questions...

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Re: Charger on EBay
Reply #1 - Dec 9th, 2015 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
I would not over think it.  Have you thought about putting a stamped name on the back flap before you fold it over?  Something like "Steinmayer's Magical Krag Charger (with a manufacture date).  It would be "guaranteed to help you shoot better IF you do your part"

And adding a manufacture date guarantees guys will be adding it Krag research books and Krag owners searching the internet far and wide for the earliest known Steinmayer's Magical Krag Charger.  Of course the smart guys are ones who own chargers with out any dates since they were made way before the ones with dates and therefore are super rare and highly collectable.  And those who wanted an early model would need to pay one of us guys (Me) a thousand dollars each for two I own.

Hoo!  The value of my two chargers just went up to fifteen hundred each.

Do you want a hit off this joint or should I finish it?

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #2 - Dec 10th, 2015 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
LOL Paul...  You are too funny!

I did contemplate marking them with my initials and a serial number... and I may start doing that from here on out.

I did send the guy a message and found out that he purchased it from me (on EBay actually).  His wife is sick and he had to sell his Krag and other guns to cover her medical expenses.  I feel really bad for him...

IP Logged

reincarnated
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #3 - Dec 10th, 2015 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Quite a twist from the OP, but that one hits home.  How many of us are just a couple of quirks of fate away from selling our Krags to pay such bills?  Around here, even if you can pay the bills, there are darn few medical practices still open and able or willing to treat patients.  A 3-month wait and 600 mile RT to the MD is pretty commonplace.

IP Logged

Dick Hosmer
KCA Official Member

Collector of Springfield
Arms, 1865-1915

Reply #4 - Dec 10th, 2015 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
And the saddest part of all is that it so futile - medical costs (if you do not have good insurance) are so high that one could sell all of their worldly goods (not just the toys) and only come up with a tiny portion of a really serious medical bill - it's like spitting into a tidal wave.

That charger might have bought a couple of (inexpensive) pills for one day - what happens for the next day's needs?

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #5 - Dec 11th, 2015 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Ain't that the truth!  Ever since the (so called) "Affordable Health Care Act" was signed in to law, those who HAD good insurance saw their insurance cost triple, and the coverage shrink!  I am lucky in that I have insurance through my wife and her company pays the premium... but it's far from great coverage.  I'm having the final surgery for my weight loss on Tuesday (removal of the pannus - or excess skin flap, if you will).  The surgery is covered... except a portion of it is considered cosmetic, and therefore NOT covered.  I had to pay almost $2,500 out of pocket - money which I did not have!  On top of that, I have an ever rising bill from physical therapy on my shoulders.  Thank God for Christmas bonuses, or that one wouldn't get paid!

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #6 - Dec 11th, 2015 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Prayers and good luck on your pending surgery Paul.

Hey! Maybe medical insurance should pick up reloading and shooting costs as part of physical therapy?

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #7 - Dec 12th, 2015 at 12:26am
Print Post  
I know what the answer is for me if I start to get really, really sick and in my eighties.  I'll buy the cheapest, crappiest pistol made, one of those hundred dollar embarassments, go to a bank and fire a round in to the floor.  Most of them have carpet over concrete floors so I would not be putting a hole in the roof.  Anyway, after I fire off the round I would announce a hold up and then hand the cleared gun to the manager.  Then I would wait for the cops to show up and get my instant healthcare.

What could go wrong? Cheesy

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

reincarnated
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #8 - Dec 12th, 2015 at 7:03am
Print Post  
I have a shooting friend who has leukemia that is more or less in remission.  His non-formulary meds cost $800 per day.

And few people seem to notice that small medical practices all over the country are closing their doors because they cannot afford to comply with the electronic medical records software.  $143,000 for the software and $83,000 a year for software maintenance.  If you don't buy it, Medicare reimbursement is zero as of Jan. 1, 2016.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint