Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
long range (Read 2721 times)
Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

long range
Mar 13th, 2016 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Hey Monsieur Steinmayer.  What is the the longest length range in your neck of the woods?  Does it go to two hundreds yards if it exists?  I'll be bringing the A3 for you to borrow and the '95 for me to shoot sometime after June 10th.

The Great and Powerful Culpeper

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: long range
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2016 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
Howdy Garson Culpepper! 

There is a 300 yard range at Washtenaw Sportsman... but that is a membership range.  I think we can shoot there with permission.  I used to shoot in the Cast Bullet matches there every month, but I wasn't working at the time (the matches are on a Thursday), and I am now so I haven't been in a little while.  There is also a 200 yard range out in Chelsea at Ralph's Gun Shop and we could definitely go there... not a big range, but it's pretty private.  I usually go to Island Lake at Kensington Metro Park.  Not a very long range... only 100 yards, but it's a big range with lots of shooting position.

As for the A3... my wife has presented me with a present:  She gave me the money to buy a 1903 (03 or 03A3, I'm going to be looking at both).  So in two weeks, I'll be bringing one home.  Now, that doesn't mean that I don't truly appreciate your bringing one for me... and I absolutely want to do some shooting together!  Does "After June 10th"  mean that you'll be in town during the end of July too for the Nationals?  Are you back for good now?  Also, if you're going to be here at the end of June, there is a CMP match in Kalamazoo that you can join me in (I shoot in the match every month at K-Zoo).  That one is at 200 yards too. 

Looking forward to getting together with you buddy!!!

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #2 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
I am coming back for a wedding in June (not mine, I ani't crazy).  Will be here a month and will just miss the Nationals.  I will have a lot more time on my hands since deer season will not be eating up an entire week of vacation.

I'll bring the A3 anyway.  Checked on the 1895.  They ordered the barrel in January and will be checking on its status.  Once they have it in hand it will take about a month to complete the job.  Sixteen hundred FRNs later I will be in high clover. 

Any two hundred yard range will do for now since I won't be able to shoot at the nationals.

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #3 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
I'll check into us shooting at Kalamazoo... and if you'll be here for the last Saturday of June, you can shoot in the CMP match there too... and yes, it's 200 yards. 

It'll be great to get out and shoot with ya!  If you bring the 03 anyway...  hmmmm

IP Logged

savagebrother
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #4 - Mar 19th, 2016 at 12:58am
Print Post  
Wow I live about 45 minutes from thunder valley it has steel targets all the way to 1 mile from the bench rest line but when they set targets the longest way, well I shot my 338 lapua at 2450 yards. It's a fun place!!!!
SB

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #5 - Mar 19th, 2016 at 11:43am
Print Post  
How far is that from Ann Arbor?  Anything further than say 2 hours ain't gonna happen (according to my wife, LOL).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint