Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Charger on EBay (Read 4580 times)
psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Charger on EBay
May 9th, 2016 at 11:31am
Print Post  
I was told of a charger listed on EBay... so I checked it out, and YEP...  It's one of mine!  He even shows them in one picture with the instruction sheet that I send with each charger...  LOL.  He's selling it with a pouch that laces up on the stock and holds the charger.  Now I don't know where the pouch came from, but I'm betting he made it, cause it looks kind of cheesy.  This guy is in Canada, and I remember him specifically because I had to jump through hoops to ship the chargers to him!  He shows the pouch laced onto a Norwegian Krag. 

Wonder why he's selling, cause if he's trying to turn a profit, I don't see him doing that with the current bid!

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Re: Charger on EBay
Reply #1 - May 9th, 2016 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
I'm telling ya' you really need to stamp your "trademark" on those things.  Maybe Steinmayers Super Charger or some such thing with a date sequence like 20160509. and don't send out a drawing with out your info on it.

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #2 - May 9th, 2016 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
The design came from Parashooter!  I asked him and he graciously allowed me to produce them for sale.  I originally made just a couple for myself, and I was inundated with people asking me to make them one too, which is why I asked Para if he minded.  The real credit for the design goes to him!

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #3 - May 9th, 2016 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
I do get a kick out of his add when he says he purchased it 6 years ago...  it was actually more like 18 months ago!  6 years ago, I hadn't even considered one for myself, let alone anyone else!

Cheesy

IP Logged

1stazmilitia
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #4 - May 9th, 2016 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Being new to the Krag, I have mostly competed with my '03 in the CMP Western games.  Now that I have got myself a lovely M'98 rifle, I hope to start competing with it.  I am getting the proper appurtenance together including a new P1887 rifle sling from Turner.  The charger would be a great addition, not only that but it would put me up with the '03 stripper clips.
My question is, are you offering them (one) for sale?????????????
Thanks.
1stazmilitia

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #5 - May 9th, 2016 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
psteinmayer wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 4:55pm:
The design came from Parashooter!  I asked him and he graciously allowed me to produce them for sale.  I originally made just a couple for myself, and I was inundated with people asking me to make them one too, which is why I asked Para if he minded.  The real credit for the design goes to him!

I got all that but you never see a Winchester gun with John Browning's name on it.  Just saying you should have to some kind of name on it or the paperwork so chuckleheads can not aver that they home made the charger.

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #6 - May 9th, 2016 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
'1stazmilitia' - Paul's 'Chargers' work great.

However, be advised, the model 1887 Sling was intended to be a 'carry strap' and is too long to make a good 'Shooting Sling'. The later (1903 Springfield) model 1907 sling was designed to serve both purposes and would be a better bet.

When the U.S. Army team started using the Krag sling as a shooting aid in the early 1900s, they had to improvise, because of its excessive length. (M-1887 slings seem to range from 64 to 72 inches unfolded, including reproductions).

This photo of some members of the 1903 Army Team shows slings attached to Front Stacking-Swivel and threaded through Barrel-Band Swivel. (Probably 64 inch slings).

Also, a photo of a 66 inch reproduction model 1887 sling, I tried on my Krag 'rigged for shooting'.

Last photo shows a 72 inch model 1887 reproduction that may work on a Trapdoor Springfield, but, does not work well on the Krag.

I suggest you use a model 1907 sling.

IP Logged

1stazmilitia
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #7 - May 9th, 2016 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
-butlersrangers,
Thanks for the information.  Too late though, but I have two(2) '03's with Turners slings,so no problem to switch.  However from the photo, I just might gave the jury rigged sling a try just for grins 'n giggles Grin
Now if I only had one of those chargers.  On another note I am still looking for a sight cover.  WOW! they little buggers sure have gone sky high on e-pay!  Is any one making repros?  I am not partial to repros, but nor am I partial to paying those exhorbatant(?) prices.  It's me Irish up bringing I guess.

1stazmilitia

IP Logged

1stazmilitia
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #8 - May 9th, 2016 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
-butlersranger,
Thanks for those greeeeat photos.  Yes sir, I am going with the jury rigged sling.  I am familiar with the concept of jury rigging.  I served eleven(11) years in the Coast Guard, and jury rigging was the routine of the day.

-1stazmilitia

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #9 - May 9th, 2016 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
I believe S&S Firearms (Glendale, N.Y.) offers a reproduction Krag rifle brass front-sight/muzzle cover, for about $35. I've never seen a repro one in person. 

IMHO - You would be better off waiting and getting a real one for your collection and leaving it at home. They are too valuable (and clumsy) to risk losing at the range.

A G.I. '03 Springfield style cloth muzzle cover would be practical for matches.

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #10 - May 10th, 2016 at 12:07am
Print Post  
Yes, I do still make and offer chargers on an as-requested basis (I no longer keep a bunch sitting around).  I have another request from someone else, so I have to order brass.  If you give me a couple weeks, I'll have a couple available!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint