Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Constabulary Rifle questions (Read 1375 times)
SGM Friend
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Constabulary Rifle questions
Mar 22nd, 2017 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
I am a new member and would like to "tap into" the vast experience of the group to help determine if my rifle is a true Constabulary rifle or not. I have done some research and it seems to indicate that Few or none of these rifles came back from the Philippines so I know mine is most likely not one of those (or at least the odds are against it). However it is a very clean specimen and has the correct sights, barrel length, and I believe correct car touches on the stock. The cocking piece on the bolt is the straight knurled variety not the "mushroom" shaped version I am used to seeing if that makes any difference.
Thanks in advance for any help with this inquiry.

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Constabulary Rifle questions
Reply #1 - Mar 22nd, 2017 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
'SGM Friend' - Welcome to the KCA Forum.

Some clear close-up photos of your short Krag rifle would be of interest and improve the feedback that you will receive.

Show front sight-muzzle area, forearm tip and front band, rear sight, receiver markings and stock cartouche.

IIRC - Philippine Constabulary rifles and (the virtually identical) "School Rifles" were made almost exclusively from 'restocked' model 1899 carbines.

The 'headless' cocking-piece you have described was an economy move, that didn't work out as intended. It is found on a rather narrow production range of Krag carbines and rifles.

(p.s. To see more PC Pics - click on - General, Chit Chat, More Philippine Constabulary Pictures).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint