Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Adventures in Ammoland or I should be committed (Read 1338 times)
Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Adventures in Ammoland or I should be committed
Nov 21st, 2018 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
So far the only thing I have reloaded is the mighty .30-40 cartridge.  Fairly easy and straight forward to load and understand.  A primed case, forty grains of 4350, a bullet and bing!  It's done.

Then there is the .300 Blackout.  How bad could it be?  I have the handi-rifle I borrowed from a buddy so I might as well give it a go.  A primed case, 10.1 grains of H110, a 220 RN bullet and.  Wait.  Ten point one grains?  This stuff looked like fine ground sugar.

I looked at the bottle and turned to a buddy and asked if pistol loads were all like this.  He just gave me a Cheshire cat grin and said yep.  It is at this point I heard Bugs Bunny in my ear saying "Tsk tsk tsk, poor little maroon".  Sheesh.  Then I thought about the five pounds of H110 I bought at the beginning of the Great Barky Dry Spell.  "Dear Lord" I said to my buddy.  "It'll be thirty years before I use it all up."  Got a big laugh out of that one.  He said I best get to shooting it up.

Having never reloaded for pistol meant this was an eye awakening moment.  I got through fifteen cartridges and called it quitsville for the day.  My brain was tired.

The one good thing I discovered was a .22WMR case filled to 1/32" south of the case mouth comes in just shy of 10.1 H110. That sped up the process a bit.

Now to do the other fifty cases.  And what to do with the five hundred or so 45AR cases?

Signed,

"Formerly Naive"

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Adventures in Ammoland or I should be committed
Reply #1 - Nov 22nd, 2018 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
You never cease to inform and amuse me Culp!  (snicker)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint