Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
SRS Documented Krag on Auction Site (Read 776 times)
Whig
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

SRS Documented Krag on Auction Site
Jan 2nd, 2020 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
I have run across a sporterized Krag rifle that  has issues but is documented as issued to 5th USV INF in the 1st edition of the Springfield Research Service book. I am not bidding on this but I thought I would post this in case anyone else wanted to check it out. Most Krag owners do not own a documented Krag.

I would contact the auction company and ask for a picture of the receiver markings to make sure it is as listed for the serial number. They do make mistakes.

I suspect, because of this auction house and the condition of the rifle, that it will sell cheap. I would guess around $200-300, unless it gets out to the general public that this is documented.

Maybe no one is interested but it is interesting and may be a rare chance to get a documented rifle at low cost. Lot#55 on the sight below.

Lot #55
SN: 55856
Bid History 1 bidder $17.00
Description:
Bolt action with front and rear sights, sporterized stock, sling, 24" barrel, SN 55856. Condition: Normal wear and finish loss. Drilled for side mount. Great bore and action.

(You need to Login to view media files and links)
« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2020 at 5:50pm by Whig »  

IP Logged

Mark21
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: SRS Documented Krag on Auction Site
Reply #1 - Jan 3rd, 2020 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
Unfortunately it has been drilled and tapped and restoring it back to is original condition will cost and not be worth it.  But if someone has a connection to the history it would be a good buy.

IP Logged

Whig
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: SRS Documented Krag on Auction Site
Reply #2 - Jan 3rd, 2020 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
Yea, it definitely has issues but some Krag enthusiast may want it because it has documented history and the price may be right.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint