Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Photos of my Krag for 1st post. (Read 741 times)
Slabstick
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Photos of my Krag for 1st post.
Jun 14th, 2020 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Tried to post some pics but I have to post a message first. So here are the pics.

IP Logged

Whig
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Photos of my Krag for 1st post.
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2020 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Slabstick,

Welcome to Krag Collector's Association. Hopefully, we can help you get on the right track with your new interest in Krag rifles.

What you picture there makes me think it would be easier just to get another Krag and go out and shoot it!

You have a front barrel that has been really screwed up. Holes are not drilled in Krag barrels for the front sight. The base of a Krag, from Springfield Armory, is cleanly dovetailed in and brazed so well that it's hard to see the seam. (See below.)

Could you please post more pictures of the rest of your Krag including the serial number of the receiver?

I hope you didn't pay much for this. Hopefully the rest of the rifle is in better condition to work with.

It is also possible to purchase another barrel and have it put on your Krag. That adds a lot more cost but could be worth it depending on your rifle overall.

There are front sights that can be slipped on and silver soldered. You'll get many different suggestions here.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint