Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Whats wrong with this finish (Read 7314 times)
butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Whats wrong with this finish
Reply #15 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
I would advise you to get a nice complete 1898 bolt for your 1898 Krag.  This would give you the various colors that should be present on these parts.  You have shown an early firing pin, bolt body, extractor screw and bolt sleeve, in your several postings.  You could probably sell these early parts to pay for the correct 1898 parts.  A nice rust blue (without polishing) on your barrel and action, would probably result in a nice restoration.

IP Logged

jay dee
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #16 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
     Thank you for the support.I just got home several hours ago from hernia surgery and needed several weeks of lite duty so timing was perfect .I ordered rust blue yesterday after much research,but wanted someone to 2nd my conclusion.

Any advise on the best way to obtain the correct bolt would be welcome.

I would like to thank everyone for the help,this my first time actually joining a forum and asking my own questions and it has been a great step ahead for me with your help.

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #17 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
There are a couple of members who sell parts mentioned in the KCA classifieds.  Krag bolts show up all the time on ebay and GunBroker (search:  krag).  J.D. Christopher sells parts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo