Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Zero Krags and counting (Read 8026 times)
Brent
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Zero Krags and counting
Reply #15 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 11:46am
Print Post  
The carved Marlin sparks either lust or hate and little in between.  Personally, I don't want just another generic sporter but whatever.

Here's another Marlin most of you won't like.  I almost bought it and rue the fact that I didn't to this day.  It was considerably more expensive than the Krag that started this (~5x)
(You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

gnoahhh
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #16 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Folk art has its place, as does campy expressions of taste, just not on my guns thank you very much! I can look at it all day long and appreciate it for what it is, but it won't follow me home.

To fully express what is in an artists soul takes much dedication to mastery of the medium through which he is expressing himself. To create artworks when short of having mastered the skills, is to surely present what the artist feels but it is then lacking that certain something which carries it into the realm of beauty, and it shall forever be relegated to the realm of folk art. Very very few have ever picked up the tools of the medium and immediately created something of pleasing and enduring quality. It's also a rare moment when an analytical minded engineer also has an artist's soul, and creates something of timeless beauty with flowing lines. The guys who designed the U.S. Krag had it, IMO. John Browning had it too (mostly).

IP Logged

Brent
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #17 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Flowing lines of beauty in a Krag?  No, just the opposite for me.  That's why they intrigue me. They look like orphaned misfits with big saddlebags and lumps and bumps all over. 

Flowing lines are found in singleshots Smiley Smiley Smiley

Here is flowing lines, folk art and a pretty sleek singleshot
(You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #18 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Tastes change over time and geography.  Some people like 'Baroque' and some 'Craftsman'.
  Some beauty is timeless and almost universal.
Feel free to express your individuality!
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2014 at 1:24pm by butlersrangers »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo