Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 6.5 X 55 1913 (Read 21206 times)
butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: 6.5 X 55 1913
Reply #15 - Jan 21st, 2015 at 2:07am
Print Post  
JohnE:  Your bolt handle (flat checkered knob) appears to be for the Model-1912 Karabin.  The front sight looks like a Lyman 'banded-ramp' (covering up the location of the original military sight).

The stock appears to be a cut-down M-12.  I can see a plug where the rear swivel/'eye' screw use to go through the butt stock.  The military butt plate has been replaced. 

It looks like the small cross-hole that normally goes through the front of a rifle style trigger-guard is filled.  This would suggest it may have had the 'eye'-bolt arrangement, I described above, and this was cut off to streamline the guard.

I don't see any mysteries here.  It is a 'sporterized' Model 1912.

(Photos of Norwegian M-1912 butt 'eye'/swivel).

IP Logged

JohnE
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #16 - Jan 21st, 2015 at 5:48am
Print Post  
I had noticed the plug on the bottom and sides, so that explains those. The trigger does appear that it may have had the ring cut off. It is a rather crude is some ways....but I can see a difference between the way the front and rear are finished. No number on the TG. All numbers match on the bolt. I appreciate all the info.....! I hope its a "shooter", as soon as it warms up I will see what it can do.

IP Logged

Jim Mulry
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #17 - Jan 22nd, 2015 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
John,
In your photos I see what looks like a box dedicated to gun cleaning with a built in set of supports to hold a rifle in place while you work on it.  Can I get any manufacturer and source info on it ???  It looks like it would be pretty handy.  Thanks.
Jim

IP Logged

JohnE
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #18 - Jan 23rd, 2015 at 6:48am
Print Post  
Jim, its a MTM Case-Gard, pretty handy all right.

(You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint