Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 norwegen krag rear sight (Read 8536 times)
TCINALASKA
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: norwegen krag rear sight
Reply #15 - Oct 19th, 2015 at 9:26am
Print Post  
Rear sight folded forward

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #16 - Oct 19th, 2015 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
TCINALASKA - What is the condition of your karabin M-1912's bore? It is hard in the U.S. to find a Norwegian Krag with a really nice bore - (IMHO and experience). Because of the fast rifling twist in 6.5mm barrels, in the case of a rough bore, a rifle will possibly do better with 139 grain jacketed bullets.

(In case you don't know, Norwegian barrels use a left-hand thread).

IP Logged

TCINALASKA
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #17 - Oct 20th, 2015 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Bernt the bore is rally quite good IMHO - shiny and smooth, seems uniform in friction front to rear which I take to show no wide corrosion nor pits.  I haven't slugged it and am trying both cast bullets w 2400, and some Sierra 140gr w 39gr 4320, a starting load in my Lyman manual.  Let you know!  I also have a flex camera tool which should give me a view of the throat, which seems fine, and of the muzzle which  also seems not to be excessively worn as by excessive cleaning.  The original blue is still on the barrel which leads me to believe the gun was not abused.  The friend who sold me the parts said it was one of the better he had seen and thus "worth of restoration!"
Apologies everyone for my sloppy picture posting - I first tried a megabite pic but that gave the huge shot first above.  So next I tried "compact for posting on a website" which then were on the order of 50kb...too small and fuzzy for my tastes.  Next I will try vcty of 200kb..as in the rusty butt Plate...  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint