Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Parts (Read 3757 times)
Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Parts
Dec 16th, 2015 at 1:27am
Print Post  
I was wondering if there is any news on Mr. DeChistopher's parts.  I really do not like the idea of doing business on Ebay again after all these years.

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Ned Butts
KCA Forum Admin
KCA Official Member

Krag enthusiast!

Re: Parts
Reply #1 - Dec 16th, 2015 at 11:24am
Print Post  
His grandson, I believe, is selling them on ebay. You might try contacting him through ebay first, then see if he is selling privately.

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #2 - Dec 16th, 2015 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
I think the grandson may be using the names: 'movieman630', 'granpa's gun parts', and 'The Big 3 Obsolete NOS Parts' (store) on eBay. (He sells original Krag cleaning rods reasonable). He lists gate/follower spring @ $25.

Krag 'loading-gate/follower' springs show up frequently on eBay for a reasonable price ($15-$20).
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2015 at 8:06pm by butlersrangers »  

IP Logged

S.B.
KCA Forum Member

Reply #3 - Mar 2nd, 2016 at 5:53am
Print Post  
I dislike Ebay very much, won't let you talk or contact the seller directly, sellers usually give a non answer to questions, and description are vague to say the least. Non American's aren't held to American standards Shocked
Steve

The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson

IP Logged

Baltimoreed
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2016 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
I just bought a pair of swivels from grandpas gun parts. Look good on my old Krag. I've bought a bunch of stuff via eBay over the years with only a few rip offs. Gotta do your homework before you buy not after you open the box. I do check if the seller has a return policy but I've had a few issues with sellers on Gun Broker. I look extra hard if the seller says no returns.

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #5 - Apr 2nd, 2016 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
I'm wondering if his grandson values the parts the way Joe did.  Joe valued the parts the way he valued the people who sought them, and he always treated his customers with respect.  With his grandson putting them on EBay, it's as if he doesn't care and he's trying to turn an easy few bucks.

IP Logged

BM1455
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #6 - Apr 2nd, 2016 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
I got a magazine follower spring from him.  It was reasonable and arrived at my mailbox in about two seconds!  Smiley
Can you really fault some one if he wants to make some money on stuff he inherits that he may not be interested in personally or possible knows little if anything about? It is still getting to the people who want it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint