Forends? (Read 2549 times)
Mark_Daiute
KCA Forum Member
KCA Official Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Forends?
Jan 7th, 2016 at 4:52am
Print Post  
Anyone on god's green earth making forend replacements for Norwegian Model 1912 stocks?

Thanks,

Mark

IP Logged

madsenshooter
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Forends?
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2016 at 5:36am
Print Post  
Is Norway still God's green earth, or is it always white there?  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

BM1455
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Forends?
Reply #2 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 1:02am
Print Post  
madsenshooter wrote on Jan 9th, 2016 at 5:36am:
Is Norway still God's green earth, or is it always white there?  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

I had him working on one for me for the last three years....  I have not heard anything back on further progress and I can't get a hold of him now.  Not sure what happened.  There is an American option I am told.  They claimed they could do it and may have some original examples to use as guides. 
(You need to Login to view media files and links)

I may go this rout since the Norway option seems to have fizzled out???  Not sure.
I made a design for a fore end that he was working on.  My design used the mid barrel band as a good location to make the joint since it would be well hidden but it has to have a tongue joint that goes back into the center of the main part of the stock about an inch that makes it all stronger since there is a forward channel that goes right to the mid barrel band and it makes attaching the new splice in that location more challenging.  PM me if you want the design.  I would like to see what can be done with it. 
Any one have a souse on the four screws for the front band and cleaning rod bolt?

« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2016 at 4:03pm by BM1455 »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint