Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Theodore Roosevelt Commemorative Match (Read 2868 times)
psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Theodore Roosevelt Commemorative Match
Jun 17th, 2016 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Howdy all.

The US National Matches are coming up soon.  For those of you unaware... this year for the first time, there will be a Theodore Roosevelt Commemorative Match - open to U.S. Krags and early 1903 Rifles only (no 1903A1 or 1903A3).  The match will take place on the morning of Sunday, 14 August 2016 on the Viale Range at Camp Perry in Port Clinton Ohio.

I will be there with my son and Madsenshooter.  I want to extend an invitation to any Krag shooters who would like to squad with us.  I think it would be a great sight to see a bunch of Krags together on the firing line!  As the date gets closer, we can make arrangements of where and when to meet (Madsenshooter and I usually meet at the entrance gate to the Viale Range).

Hope to see a lot of my Krag brothers there!

IP Logged

TexTenn59
KCA Forum Member

Krag Collector!

Re: Theodore Roosevelt Commemorative Match
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 12:44am
Print Post  
How did the match go?  I usually go every other year, so 2017 is already on the schedule with the wife.

I shoot the week, AR and the CMP Games and NRA M1A.  I'm interested in the Roosevelt match.  I have a 1903 and picked up a 1898 Krag today.  Need to clean it up and try it out.  I'll post some pictures and ask some questions about the rear sight later.

One question, reload in rapid fire - do you toss loose rounds in the loading gate or use some type of stipper clip?

Thanks!
Wayne

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
Howdy Tex.  I answered your post on the rear sight in that thread.

It will be great to see another Krag on the line during the Roosevelt, since there were so few this year!  But... funny you should ask about the stripper clips.

I make and sell chargers that many shooters use with their Krags.  You can see me using one of my chargers here (Madsenshooter is the other Krag shooter in the video):  (You need to Login to view media files and links) The reload happens at about 1.00 into the video.  If you're interested, please PM me for the details.  Many shooters do very well without them, but they will definitely help with the rapid reload!

Paul

IP Logged

brionic
KCA Forum Member

Reply #3 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Good stuff!  I hope you both had fun... it looks like a blast.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint