Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Theodore Roosevelt Commemorative Match (Read 2930 times)
psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Theodore Roosevelt Commemorative Match
Aug 1st, 2016 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Howdy all...

Well, the Nationals were great fun, but now we're coming up on possibly the greatest match of all:  One that has been (finally) designed and designated to assemble a group Krag shooters - the Theodore Roosevelt Commemorative Rifle Match. 

I'll be there with my son, and a few other friends.  I invite anyone who is going to meet up with us!  We'll be there Saturday night before the match and would love to share a meal and some stories.  Then, we can all meet at the Viale Range gate and squad together. 

Who's going?  Please let me know, and I'll find a great place for us to meet up for dinner!

This is going to be a GREAT match, and a lot of fun too!!!

Paul

IP Logged

Tom Butts
KCA Forum Admin
KCA Official Member

Krag enthusiast!

Re: Theodore Roosevelt Commemorative Match
Reply #1 - Aug 6th, 2016 at 2:28am
Print Post  
Paul,

Sounds like great fun!!!   When is it and where??

Tom

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2016 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
The Roosevelt Match is to be held at Camp Perry in Port Clinton, Ohio on Sunday, August 14th.  Registration is on the CMP Competitions site and closes on the 8th.  The match will start at 7:00 AM and squadding will start at 5:45 AM (the assumption is that it will be on the Viale Range).   

This will be the largest gathering of Krag shooters in decades... and should be a great time!!!

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #3 - Aug 8th, 2016 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
Ok... For those who are heading to Camp Perry to shoot in the Roosevelt Match, I have some important information that I was made aware of this morning, and have confirmed with the CMP.

First of all, the match will be held on the Viale Range and first shot will be at 7:00 AM.  Also, walk-ons may be possible (but don't quote me on this).

Now for the important info:  The Welcome Center (which is where you will check in) will only be open from 6:00 AM to 12:00 PM Noon every day leading up to the match.  Since squadding starts at 5:45 AM on Sunday, I would HIGHLY advise everyone not already checked in for other matches to arrive on Saturday before 11:00 AM and get checked in (your check-in for the National Matches does not cover the Legacy Matches).  It would be a shame to miss this historic match because of missing the check-in!

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #4 - Aug 9th, 2016 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Howdy all,

Just received some more info from the CMP on the Roosevelt Match:

The match will be held on the Viale Range.  There will be four relays, with 1 & 2 shooting first, and 3 & 4 pitting first.  Squadding will start at 7:00 AM, and first shots will be at 8:00 AM.  All shooting should be completed by noon. 

Now, the information I received also stated that Krags, 1903s, AND 1903A3s will be permitted! 

I'm still shooting my Krag!!!  That's how Teddy Roosevelt would have had it...

Hope to see some of my Krag family on the line!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint