Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 External Firing Pin Assembly Differences (Read 6307 times)
butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: External Firing Pin Assembly Differences
Reply #15 - Mar 4th, 2017 at 3:42am
Print Post  
The truth is, I use to sing with Glenn Frey, (in the Benjamin Franklin Elementary School Glee Club).

R.I.P. - Glenn Frey of "The Eagles", pretty good for a kid from Royal Oak, Michigan!

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #16 - Mar 4th, 2017 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Interestingly enough, Chuck (Butlersrangers) and I are actually good friends.  We talked frequently on this forum, and then one day, he asked if I was related to a Ron Steinmayer, with whom he has been friends for many years.  Well, I darned near soiled myself since that's my dad!  Chuck and I have met up many times since then, and have even gone shooting together.  I would welcome the opportunity to meet up with any of you for some range time!

As for the Bishop stock, my stock has a plate at the base of the grip that has Bishop on it.  Likewise, the butt plate has the Bishop brand logo on it.  Bishop stocks are quite common on Krag sporters.  Mine is missing the plastic front piece.  Also, when I purchased this sporter in the early 1980s, it had a Redfield 102K on it also.  The picture shows the stock with the action removed so you can see the details.

IP Logged

RomeoJim
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #17 - Mar 5th, 2017 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
More amazing coincidences!
Nice call on the Bishop stock on my fathers's model 1899. I had never looked at it's butt plate before I've enclosed a pic of the butt plate.  Since I plan on removing the stock soon do you or does anyone have any recommendations regarding torque settings for the 2 screws when I re-assemble the rifle?

A meeting at some point and sharing some stories and range time sounds great. 

Thanks for your help,

Jim

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint