Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Krag mag cut offs ? (Read 1404 times)
RCW
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Krag mag cut offs ?
Aug 22nd, 2017 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
I have 1898 Krag Carbine. Need to know if there are two different lengths of cut off levers. One I ordered is 2 1/8 inches long from lever to tip and it hits a stop, will not go in enough to lock. This is my first Krag, thanks for help, Charles.

IP Logged

madsenshooter
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Krag mag cut offs ?
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 12:54am
Print Post  
Guys will scream, but you can cut the end off a long one to make it fit, or you can buy one of the shorter ones. The shaft of the short one is 1.636" long measured from tip to the front of the switch.  Since you have a long one, it is also possible that it will work in the opposite direction of the short one.  The short one has the flat of the shaft opposite of the direction the "switch" is pointing.

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #2 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 1:07am
Print Post  
The magazine cutoff for the model 1898 Krag and model 1899 Krag has a shaft that is about .995 inches long.

This is about 1/2 inch shorter than the cutoff-shaft on earlier Krag models.

The 'short' 1898 cutoff will work on all U.S. Krag models. The earlier cutoffs will not fit on 1898 and 1899 models, unless altered.

Don't alter your 'long' cutoff. Send me your address, via personal message, and I'll give you a correct one.

Cutoff Photo (top to bottom): model 1892, late model 1896, and model 1898.

IP Logged

RCW
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #3 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 1:52am
Print Post  
Very nice offer and I have sent PM. I just like my pieces as close to as issued as possible. I'm into M1 Carbines, mostly, and have some extra parts if needed. This is my first Krag and I like it, thank you very much.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint