Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Deciding between two Krags (Read 7268 times)
Marcus99
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Deciding between two Krags
Reply #15 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
Lastchip wrote on Jan 31st, 2012 at 12:50pm:
I've always been a long gun over carbines, but the inside of that barrel on the rifle would scare me away, certainly so for 700 smackers. I don't know what your criteria for a krag is, but there is cleaner options out there for a couple hundred more. 

I found this fella with a quick search, he has 3 krags for sell starting at 850.00

(You need to Login to view media files and links)

I spent $800 on the krag 98 rifle I bought a few weeks ago at a show in Connecticut, you can see it from link in my post in this forum, I wanted a clean condition shooter and no wasn't concern about a rifle being all original.

I spoke with that seller because he is relatively close to my state. He stated prices higher than the listing, not sure if he was confused or what but he was looking for over $1k for his Krags.

I decided on the Carbine, hoping to get it within the next week or so, I will post up some better pictures once I do, although I don't expect to be shooting it right away. No dealers around here stock .30-40 krag, so I'll need to hold off until I gear up for rifle reloading. I already got the Joe Poyer book and I've been reading up on the Krag's history, very cool that it made it to China.

IP Logged

Lastchip
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Deciding between two Krags
Reply #16 - Feb 1st, 2012 at 3:02am
Print Post  
The carbine did look like the finer of the two choices, congratulations on your choice! Looking forward to your photos once your Krag comes home to roost.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo