Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
 25 Group buy of .30-40 brass by the forum members (Read 56269 times)
rjc324
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Group buy of .30-40 brass by the forum members
Reply #15 - May 14th, 2016 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
I'm sure many of you use facebook from time to time, I have not seen this in any forum yet, but if it has been posted already I apologize. There are several brass groups on facebook which offer for sale or trade various calibers, including 30-40 Krag cases. I've picked up about 100 once fired Winchester cases in the past year, so it might be worth your time to subscribe to a group called "The Brass Bank', "Reloading 101 Learning the art", and "The Brass Connection". I hope that this helps someone.

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #16 - May 16th, 2016 at 11:55am
Print Post  
I'm a member of "The Brass Bank" on FB.  Nice bunch of guys for the most part, but you have to be accepted as a member of the group via request.  I've purchased some brass there... but just so everyone knows, 30-40 brass is a very rare commodity there.  Most of the people in that group are selling brass that they pick up at ranges.  Some good deals... and some not-so-good deals!  I'm betting that most shooters save their 30-40, which is why it just doesn't come up much, IMHO.

IP Logged

FredC
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #17 - May 16th, 2016 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
One of the members here said that Remington will be doing another run of 30/40 brass this fall, maybe we could all contact or favorite reloading supplier and because of all the inquiries, they will do a bigger run?

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #18 - May 16th, 2016 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
I'd be in for a couple hundred if they do!

IP Logged

BM1455
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #19 - May 16th, 2016 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
psteinmayer wrote on May 16th, 2016 at 4:34pm:
I'd be in for a couple hundred if they do!

Me too.

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #20 - May 17th, 2016 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
I am of that mindset too when it comes to keeping the brass that I shoot.  I am also buying loaded ammo where and when ever I find it even though I have a hundred boxes of the stuff from ten years ago when I was rolling in dough.  I would have to dig through a ton of other stuff to get at it.  It is just easier to buy from the lgs.

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #21 - May 18th, 2016 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Yeah... me too.  I have three boxes of Remington in storage that I may pull out and shoot through the sporter for the brass.

If Remington is truly still making it and Midway just doesn't want to handle it anymore... or if Remington told the suppliers (Midway, Cheaper than Dirt, Grafs... etc.) that they weren't producing brass for sale anymore, then that would make sense that they have all dropped it from their inventories.  I hope that Remington IS still making it though because there really is still a demand for it.  Let's face it... there's a metric "Butt Ton" of Krags out there that need to be fed!!!  Perhaps Remington will sell it on their website.

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #22 - May 19th, 2016 at 4:11am
Print Post  
This might be what the doctor ordered.  Might help.  Might not but have a look.

(You need to Login to view media files and links)

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #23 - May 19th, 2016 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Fortunately, Cabelas in Dundee (where we met for coffee Culp) has had Remington 30-40 Krag on their shelves every time I've been there.  Unfortunately, it's priced at $36.00 a box!  Still, I may go buy a few more boxes next time I visit there.

IP Logged

porthos
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #24 - Jun 10th, 2016 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
there is a company called jamison brass and ammunition. if you would go on there website you will see the large  number of cases    that they manufacture. don't laugh too hard when you see that  many of them can be eaisly formed from a parent brass. they also produce many obsolete straight wall cases that there can't be the demand that there is for 30-40. i e-mailed them a couple months ago stating pretty much what i'm writing now. as you would  suspect; no reply. they are"missing the boat"
on another note in a search for brass. going on the shooting websites has pretty much dried up the supply. use alternative site searches. i live in pa. there is a site called pennswoodsclassified.net. i ran a ad it the reloading and ammunition section and got 2 hits that resulted in 45 pieces 18 factory loaded. another site; this one for trapshooters (which i am) also yeilded 2 hits. one for 250 pieces. the other for 1loaded factory rem. box and the mate that was a once fired box. what i'm suggesting is try other  avenues. how about an ad in the local newspaper, the bulliten board at the gunclub ( most shooters don't know how scarce this stuff is

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #25 - Jun 11th, 2016 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Welcome to the KCA, Porthos.

A word of warning.  If you decide to go through the small run of brass job with Jamison GET A Sourth Dakota ATTORNEY to handle the transaction.  Every little thing in writing AND a non-performance penalty clause when they do not come through on their end.

Dirty rotten bunch of #%#^^&%*#%^#$ flub-a-dubs.

IP Logged

DWC
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #26 - Jul 31st, 2016 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
I inherited by grandfather's 30-40 when my father past a couple years ago.  The rifle was used by my mother's father and was probably last fired around 1965.  I am interested in getting this rifle back into firing condition.  However, as several postings have noted, the ammunition and reloadable brass is getting expensive and hard to find.  Therefore, the idea of a "group buy" appeals to me. 

I noticed that the last posting to this thread was from mid-May 2016 and it is now the end of July. 

So my questions are.....

Has anyone been able to confirm that Remington will be making the "rumored seasonal run" of .30-40 Krag brass? 

And if Remington is planning a production run, then is an effort underway to prepare a group order from the KCA members?

If a group order is being prepared, then I would interested in getting more details.  Since I don't already have a significant inventory of brass casings or loaded ammunition, I could be interested in 500 (or more) new brass reload casings, if the price is not too excessively high.

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #27 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 12:50am
Print Post  
First, Welcome to the Forum, DWC.

Second, we are all in the same boat which is going on rumor and rumors of rumors. The only thing I can sugguest is you hunt down their phone number and an give them a call.  Or if you personally know someone at the NRA who knows someone at Remington (and Winchester) who could intercede for you and us about a run of krag food would go a long way in lowering everybody's blood pressure.

I sent Remington an email from their contact page last week and wouldn't ya' know I have not heard back from them.

Tag.  Your turn.

Best regards,

IP Logged

8iowa
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #28 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 12:43am
Print Post  
My son and I have sent emails to Hornady, urging them to produce 30-40 cases and ammo. They have sent replies mildly hinting that the request will be considered.

Hornady produces several lower volume cartridges and I told them that they would likely have this product/market to themselves.

Why don't several of you members also contact Hornady and make this request.

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #29 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 10:58am
Print Post  
That is a great idea.  If possible, please post the contact information that you used, as well as (if you have one) a contact name at Hornady.  I'll email them also!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Send TopicPrint